Supervisor resume example. Use the structure of this sample resume to develop your own job-winning resume.
Whatever environment and industry your supervisory experience is in, you can use this sample resume to write your own relevant resume.
The resume contains the key information a prospective employer wants to know including a clear summary of your strengths and skills, your achievements, your experience, your technical skills and your competencies.
SUPERVISOR RESUME EXAMPLE
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
Supervisor position in a demanding manufacturing environment
Highly motivated supervisor with X years experience monitoring, coordinating and controlling medium to large groups of employees to achieve organizational goals. Proven track record of the following :
- development and implementation of practical continuous improvement processes
- effective management of employee performance including appraisals, support, training and discipline
- development and maintenance of a safe work environment to meet all health and safety standards
- planning and management of resources to consistently meet production, quality and cost goals
- resolution of critical issues in a time-sensitive environment using excellent analytical skills
Solid working knowledge of:
- cost control
- quality control and improvement
- inventory control
- material management
- production scheduling
- manufacturing processes and procedures
- labor relations
JK Industries, Detroit MI
January 2015 – Date
- plan, direct and co-ordinate manufacturing operations and activities for X number of employees
- set and manage productivity standards
- prioritize, assign and review duties and work activities to meet productivity and quality goals
- plan, organize and monitor resources to achieve efficient use of labor, equipment and materials
- manage labor and supply costs to work within financial budgets
- identify and implement process improvements
- recognize and resolve production and quality issues through Corrective Action Plans
- organize and monitor staffing schedules and rotations
- evaluate employee skills, identify and implement training requirements
- communicate goals and performance standards to employees
- coach and counsel employees towards improved performance
- conduct performance evaluations and make recommendations regarding employees
- assure employee compliance with safety and quality requirements
- ensure consistent adherence to company policies, procedures and performance standards
- manage inventory control and storage
- maintain a safe and clean working environment
- maintain up-to-date work records
Alcon Manufacturing, Detroit, MI
January 2009 – December 2014
- supervised shift operations of a 24/7 production unit
- controlled all aspects of safety, quality and productivity
- reduced costs by x%
- ensured compliance to regulatory standards
- supervised and developed 20 employees
- administered policies, processes and procedures
DeVry University, Southfield, MI
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration 2008
- MS Word
- knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- broad knowledge of production operations
- knowledge of quality management systems
- knowledge of staff management principles and practices
- organizational skills
- communication skills
- problem assessment and analysis
- conflict management
- stress tolerance
Available on request
Develop your own resume for a supervisor position using the framework of this supervisor resume. Use facts and figures from the units you have supervised to show what you have accomplished.
Your supervisor cover letter and job application
Always include a persuasive supervisor cover letter with your resume.
Your resume is a key marketing tool. Ensure your strengths are presented positively to potential employers.
What is a good objective for a supervisor resume?
Always include a powerful and persuasive supervisor resume objective statement. Adapt the example above and use these pages to help you write a winning resume objective.
What are the duties and skills of a supervisor?
Office Supervisor Job Description clearly lists the key duties and responsibilities of the supervisor job.
How to prepare for supervisor job interviews
Preparing for a job interview? These sample supervisor interview questions will help you.